Food Poisoning Compensation Claims in Bolton – Specialist Solicitors
Our specialist solicitors can help you today if you have been the victim of food poisoning. We help Bolton residents and workers claim for compensation and have very high success rates.
Because we work on a no win no fee* agreement it means any food poisoning claim that you make will be of low financial risk to you.
To find out more about how we work call us today. With one quick phone call you can get a free consultation with our team to find out what your rights to compensation for food poisoning are.
Food Poisoning Compensation Bolton
Food poisoning compensation amounts in Bolton and the UK could range from £600 all the way up to £37,500 depending on the severity of the matter.
When you call our 24 hours a day helpline our claims specialists might be able to tell you what bracket you fall into.
How to Make a Food Poisoning Claim in Bolton
Our solicitors and lawyers are able to help people in the Bolton area win compensation for food poisoning no matter where it occurred. It could be that you became ill whilst on holiday, or in the UK.
The typical food poisoning illnesses that our clients report include Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter, Hepatitis A virus & E. Coli. The types of places where food poisoning can occur are:
- Restaurants, cafes, and fast food outlets
- Cruise ships, hotels, and holidays
- Festivals, nightclubs, and fast food vans
- Food producers and importers
- Supermarkets, stores, and shops
In the UK, The Consumer Protection Act of 1987 now means it is a lot easier than ever before to make successful food poisoning compensation claims in Bolton. The government act states that food outlets and retailers must sell products that are free from bacteria.
What We Will Need to Do
If we are able to establish that you were made ill by a certain food source then we can act on the strict liability ruling against the restaurant, hotel, shop, or supplier.
As solicitors we don’t need to prove that the third party was negligent, instead we simply need to prove that:
- the food was un-safe and had was contaminated with bacteria
- you have become ill due to food poisoning
- the reason you became ill was the food
Food Poisoning Claims – What You Need to Do
If you believe that you are suffering from food poisoning then we would recommend that you take the following actions in order to keep yourself safe, and also to help support with your food poisoning claim.
- Make sure that you get seen by a doctor
- Contact your local Environmental Health Department
- Don’t go to work or public places for 48 hours until it has cleared
- Make a list of all items you ate in the previous 24 hours
- Keep the offending food if possible as evidence including packaging
- Keep any receipts for the food or drink that you bought
- Get details of any witnesses to the incident
- Medical evidence from a gastroenterologist will be required to prove your illness
Get Started and Make a Claim Today
If you would like to get started, then please call us today. Our Bolton number is open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. We take cases of food poisoning very seriously and our solicitors will fight tirelessly to ensure you get the justice that you deserve.